Pages

Search This Blog

Which watch would you rather have?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

1960 Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King

Ok, this is pretty cool....


This watch has obviously been out of production since way back when.  It has a small face, with a very classy appeal as you can tell.  My friend was telling me that his grandfather gave him this watch recently to remember him by.  Great story. His grandfather had gotten this as a gift for inventing something.  I tried this watch on and it felt very light and comfortable on my wrist.  This is worth anywhere from $5,000-$12,000.  He said he only wears this on special occasions; as unsurprising as that sounds... The biggest shock to me was discovering how small the face of the watch really was.  It made me think about how Rolex has changed over time and how the style of fashion of watches has evolved over time as well.  In the 1960's you would most likely only find the rich of the rich wearing this watch.  And today, it would be considered still as a royalty, but on a historical scale.  I love to report how there is always a story behind every watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment