Pages

Search This Blog

Which watch would you rather have?

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Playlist of Songs about Watches




1.  "Phone Numbers"- Wiz Khalifa

-"Time is money so i went and bought a Rolex"

This is part of the chorus of the song, making it revolve around the thought of if you put in the work every day, you could buy a Rolex with enough money.  The "time is money" aspect, is a play of words. Moreover, it is also symbolizing the expensiveness of Rolex and the greatness of a Rolex as well.

2.  "Racks" - YG ft Wiz Khalifa

-"Lookin' at my Roley, bout 30 grand what that cost"

"Roley" is a slang word for Rolex, which is what Wiz (again) is talking about here.  

3.  "Mr. Nice Watch" - J. Cole ft Jay-Z

-"Hello Mr. Nice Watch"

This song is all about your favorite watch.  They talk about making history with their watch on.  The watch, Audemars Piguet, is also referenced in the 3rd verse of the song.

4.  "Clocks" - Coldplay

-"Confusion never stops, closing walls and ticking clocks"

Colplay is talking about how time caves in; time is working against him as he wishes to take someone back regardless of how long it takes him.

5.  "Blowin Money Fast" - Rick Ross

"I think I'm Big Meech, look at my time piece.  It anodomere hundred racks at least"

Ross is talking about his watch.  Admiring his watch.  "Anodomere" is the Audemars Piguet that he is talking about.  He slangs the word to make it go with the song (common with rap songs).

6.  "Mercy" - Pusha T

-"My Audemars like Mardi Gras"


7.  "Tik Tok" - Ke$ha

-"Tik Tok on the clock"

The whole is about how partying never ends (time reference)

8  "Too much time on my hands" - Styx

-"I've got too much time on my hands"

9.  "My Audemars" - DJ drama, Meek Mill

-"Imma shine, just like my Audemars, my Audemars"
-"Hundred stacks, Franck Watch"

Recently came out off of a mixtape.  The Franck watch is the Franck Mueller watch, the rapper Birdman has a few of them that he wears persistently in his music videos and celebrity appearances.  

10.  "Ca$hin out" (remix) - Akon 

-"Got an island on my wrist, girl, I'm cashin' out"

This was not the original song, but Akon did a remix to it and says this line in his verse.  

1 comment: